Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Word document update

I am running Word 2007 SP 1 on Windows XP Professional SP 3. I have added
File Name to the footer of my Word Documents to help track my documents. I am
having one problem in that the name is Document1 ( or 2, 3 ...) even after I
have saved the document in the saved naming convention. It will only show the
File Name if I manually update the footer. How can I make this an automatic
feature?
--
Bruce
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruce Bruce is offline

Stefan,

Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate the assistance.
--
Bruce

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that switching to Print Preview and then back to your current view will
force an update. To automate this procedure, use the following auto macro in
normal.dotm:

Sub AutoOpen()
Dim CurrentView As Long
CurrentView = ActiveWindow.View.Type
ActiveWindow.View.Type = 4
ActiveWindow.View.Type = CurrentView
End Sub

For more on auto macros, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bruce" wrote:

I am running Word 2007 SP 1 on Windows XP Professional SP 3. I have added
File Name to the footer of my Word Documents to help track my documents. I am
having one problem in that the name is Document1 ( or 2, 3 ...) even after I
have saved the document in the saved naming convention. It will only show the
File Name if I manually update the footer. How can I make this an automatic
feature?
--
Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement