Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cg cg is offline

Default Saving doc without editing (Comments) marks

I'd like to know how to save a Word document that has been edited without the
editing formatting. Specifically, the Comments still show up any time I
re-open the saved file. I have tried Accept All Changes, changing the
version to Final (instead of Final Showing Markup) and then saving, but when
I re-open it, the Comments still appear.

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To permanently get rid of comments you must delete them. In W2003, go to
reviewing toolbar reject change/delete comment button, and choose one of
the delete comment options. In W2007, review ribbon comments group
delete icon, and choose ... .

PamC

CG wrote:
I'd like to know how to save a Word document that has been edited without the
editing formatting. Specifically, the Comments still show up any time I
re-open the saved file. I have tried Accept All Changes, changing the
version to Final (instead of Final Showing Markup) and then saving, but when
I re-open it, the Comments still appear.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cg cg is offline

Thanks, Pam!

CG wrote:
I'd like to know how to save a Word document that has been edited without the
editing formatting. Specifically, the Comments still show up any time I
re-open the saved file. I have tried Accept All Changes, changing the
version to Final (instead of Final Showing Markup) and then saving, but when
I re-open it, the Comments still appear.

Thanks for the help.

Editing Comments in Word 2007 kalmdown Microsoft Word Help 1 October 23rd 08 05:27 PM
How can I turn off seeing the editing marks in my document? cdyer Microsoft Word Help 1 September 17th 08 01:55 AM
Comments in editing ellen Page Layout 2 March 5th 06 06:31 PM
How can i use the old Editing marks from word 97/2000? tesard Microsoft Word Help 1 May 9th 05 11:45 AM
diacritical marks and comments Kelli, computer geek wannabe Microsoft Word Help 4 January 20th 05 06:08 PM