Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novone novone is offline

Default Icons in Word 2007

On my PC, when in Windows Explorer, the icons that identiy Word documents
look exactly like the icons that identify folders. So far, MS Support has
not been able to give me a solution to this. In the old office, Word
documents popped us as little "W's".

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should be able to change any display icon via its file association from
Windows Explorer tools folder options file types advanced chgange
icon.

novone wrote:
On my PC, when in Windows Explorer, the icons that identiy Word
documents look exactly like the icons that identify folders. So far,
MS Support has not been able to give me a solution to this. In the
old office, Word documents popped us as little "W's".

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novone novone is offline

Graham,
Thank you for the prompt response - I'm off to that location now to effect
those changes.

novone wrote:
On my PC, when in Windows Explorer, the icons that identiy Word
documents look exactly like the icons that identify folders. So far,
MS Support has not been able to give me a solution to this. In the
old office, Word documents popped us as little "W's".

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novone novone is offline

Default Icons in OIutlook 2007

Graham's suggestion took care of word - next step is Outlook messages saved
to the hard drive from outlook. They also appear as a folder - when opening
the folder, there are three files: a Dreamweaver file (that's my default web
editor) entiteld colorschemamapping, a DW file - filelist, and a MS Office
Themefile that says temedata.