Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
busyearth busyearth is offline

Default Columns showing $'s and cents in table

I want to make a column that shows dollars and cents especially when you want
it to automatically calculate that column at the end, this would help me
immensly in a project I am trying to put together using tables.
--
busyearth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The simplest solution is to create the table in Excel and link it to your
document.

There is no means of automatically adding dollar and cent symbols to numbers
and if you add them manually, they will not calculate. You could change the
number into a field eg type 32 in the table, select it then run the
following macro:

Sub InsertNumberAsField()
Dim sNum As String
sNum = Selection
If sNum = "" Then Exit Sub
sNum = sNum & " \# ,$0.00"
With Selection.Fields
.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _
Text:="= " & sNum, _
PreserveFormatting:=False
.Update
End With
ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False
End Sub

which results in
{ = 32 \# ,$0.00 }
or when toggled (which the macro applies)
$32.00

You can use formulae fields to calculate fields produced in this manner.

busyearth wrote:
I want to make a column that shows dollars and cents especially when
you want it to automatically calculate that column at the end, this
would help me immensly in a project I am trying to put together using
tables.

Cents Sign PaulBunyan Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 07 03:54 PM
Dollars and cents BCHS Microsoft Word Help 6 December 27th 07 06:03 AM
How can you copy TIFF images to Excel showing multiple columns. nutmeg Mailmerge 2 May 24th 06 09:05 AM
mailmerge to show cents pcor Mailmerge 2 January 10th 06 05:57 PM
Where is the currency symbol for cents? Jodi Microsoft Word Help 2 April 1st 05 05:28 PM