Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TrainingTailor TrainingTailor is offline

Default problem with outline numbering

I am using Outline numbering, but when I press Enter to go to the next line,
I cannot use the Tab key to increase the indent - it only adds another tab
character. I'm working on a very long outline, so constantly having to click
the button on the toolbar with my mouse is very cumbersome.

Help!
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 97 and 2000, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check or uncheck
the "Tabs and backspace set left indent" box | OK.

In Word 2002 and 2003, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat
As You Type | check or uncheck the "Set left- and first-indent with tabs
and backspaces" box | OK.

In Word 2007, click on Office button | Word Options | Proofing |
AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type tab | check the "Set left-