Zambone

Default scanner and camera

Why is the scanner and camera grayed in word 2003? I loaded and reloaded a
twain compliant driver. I have adm priv.and loaded full version of word 2003.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Zambone

Can you use the scanner and camera in other applications? For example, can
you scan a picture into your graphics package? If not, then I think you have
a Windows problem, not a Word problem. You might like to send a message to
one of the Microsoft windows newsgroups. Let them know what version of
Windows you have.

If Windows itself can "see" the scanner and camera, then Word should be able
to "see" them. What happens when you do Insert Picture From Scanner or
Camera? What do you see?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Zambone" wrote in message
Why is the scanner and camera grayed in word 2003? I loaded and reloaded
twain compliant driver. I have adm priv.and loaded full version of word
2003.

Zambone

Other applications such as Kodiak Imaging can scan fine. When I open up word
2003 and go to insert /picture/scanner and camera is grayed out. How do I
ask this newgroup this question? Thank you

"Zambone" wrote in message
Why is the scanner and camera grayed in word 2003? I loaded and reloaded
twain compliant driver. I have adm priv.and loaded full version of word
2003.

Shauna Kelly

Hi Zambone

I suggest you do both the following:

1. In Control Panel, in the Scanners and Cameras section, locate your
scanner and camera, right-click the name, choose Properties and click Test
Scanner. It will tell you if Windows can talk to the camera or scanner.

2. Go to the web site of the manufacturer of your scanner and camera,
download the latest software and re-install it.