Default How do I remove unwanted Paragraph Styles?

First off, I'm using Office 2000.

I get Word Templates from City and State agencies, and the majority of them
have a huge list of Paragraph Styles, three of which are actually being used.
When I try to use one of them, sometimes the computer will get confused and
use another style, other times it will just duplicate it and use the new one.
That creates problems on my end cause the documents that I put out have to
be immaculate.

Anyways, onto my question....

How do I remove unwanted Paragraph Styles in Word 2000?

Thanks in advance.

RW