Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jammer jammer is offline

Default mixing number formats in footers

I have a title page with no footer.
I have a TOC page with a footer.
I have body pages with a footer.

I want the footer on the TOC page to display the page number in roman
numerals and the footer on the body pages to display numbers.
The problem is if I change the number format on one, it changes on the
other.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi jammer,

Unlink the footers before you apply the number formats.

--
Cheers
macropod

"jammer" wrote in message ...
I have a title page with no footer.
I have a TOC page with a footer.
I have body pages with a footer.

I want the footer on the TOC page to display the page number in roman
numerals and the footer on the body pages to display numbers.
The problem is if I change the number format on one, it changes on the
other.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It is not necessary to unlink footers to restart numbering or change the
number format (only to omit the number or change any other footer text), but
you do have to have section breaks so that the footers are actually
separate.

http://word.mvps.org

"jammer" wrote in message
I have a title page with no footer.
I have a TOC page with a footer.
I have body pages with a footer.

I want the footer on the TOC page to display the page number in roman
numerals and the footer on the body pages to display numbers.
The problem is if I change the number format on one, it changes on the
other.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jammer jammer is offline

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"jammer" wrote in message
I have a title page with no footer.
I have a TOC page with a footer.
I have body pages with a footer.

I want the footer on the TOC page to display the page number in roman
numerals and the footer on the body pages to display numbers.
The problem is if I change the number format on one, it changes on the
other.

Thanks.
I added section breaks and unlinked the sections to get what I wanted.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For more detail, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm (Word 2003 and
earlier) or