Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott[_3_] Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Para format for whole document

I would like to have a uniform format document on my received document. The
received document seems have various/random formats. I want to change the
document with numbered paras and multi-level numbered paras. I hate the
default left justified numbers as when goes beyond 9, it becomes poor
looking. I like decimal number paras. Can someone give me guidance how to
accomplish this job. I have studied the help file and tried to follow the
instructions. However, the instructions work correctly but sometimes not.
I believe it is affected by previous formatting but I have no idea how to
remove them. If I can fix it, I would like to save the format for future
use. Any way to do so?

Thanks,

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It seems as if you are trying to create right-aligned paragraph numbering?
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/N...gnment2007.htm.

In order to store and reuse numbering, you'll need to make use of styles.
For example, for single-level numbering, you can modify the built-in List
Number style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP