Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andibevan

Default Table Formatting Problem - Is there something I am missing

Hi All,

I have a large document that contains a number of tables. Sometimes, when I
make formatting changes to the document ( I can't be more specific as I
can't see any pattern) particularly in tables I messes up the formatting of
all the other tables in the doc.

Is there something I am missing that will stop this happening? Or is there
some way to lock the formatting of tables?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yvonnej

Not sure if this will work but worth a try. When in the table go to Format /
Styles and formatting and check that Automatically Update is not checked.

Check out:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm .

This was left for me for another problem but it may also work for you. Good
luck

--
YvonneJ

"Andibevan" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a large document that contains a number of tables. Sometimes, when I
make formatting changes to the document ( I can't be more specific as I
can't see any pattern) particularly in tables I messes up the formatting of
all the other tables in the doc.

Is there something I am missing that will stop this happening? Or is there
some way to lock the formatting of tables?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andibevan

Thanks Yvonne - both your suggestions look very helpful.

Just to confirm your suggestion - I am using Word 2003 - I selected all the
text in the table and then went to Format Styles and Formatting I then
see that the formatting is style "Table Grid" so I right click on the "table
grid" style and select modify. The tick box "automatically update" is then
greyed out and cannot be selected.

Is this what you meant

TIA

Andi