Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

Default How do I compress a Word file so that it is still writable?

I have to email a credit application that has headers and footers with small
graphics to many of my clients. This file weighs in at a massive 2MB! When
combined with quotes and other attachments, the email is often rejected by
the client's server because the attachments are too big.

I've reduced my PDF sizes with Acrobat, but now want to reduce the size of
the Word file mentioned above.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy[_3_] Anne Troy[_3_] is offline

On Jan 10, 9:21*pm, Scott wrote:
I have to email a credit application that has headers and footers with small
graphics to many of my clients. This file weighs in at a massive 2MB! When
combined with quotes and other attachments, the email is often rejected by
the client's server because the attachments are too big.

I've reduced my PDF sizes with Acrobat, but now want to reduce the size of
the Word file mentioned above.

Depending on your version of Word, you may be able to double-click one
of the graphics and choose the Compress button and compress ALL of the
graphics. Otherwise, get a free program like www.irfanview.com and
compress the graphics BEFORE you put them in your document. For
instance, many people's cameras take pictures that weigh over 1MB
each, but when compressed are less than one-tenth that size.

Good luck!