Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Display tracked changes when copying text to a new document

I have text with tracked changes that I want to copy to a new document, or to
another section of the current document.

How can I ensure that the changes still show up?

Word 2003 for PC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saravanan Saravanan is offline

Hi "Michelle"

If you want to copy the text with track changes to another document or same
document, then folow these steps.

In the donor document, turn on Track Changes (ensure that TRK on the status
bar is dark).

In the recipient document, turn off Track Changes (ensure that TRK on the
status bar is dimmed).

Now copy and paste.

This will make sure that you will get the particular text that you are
copying with track changes too.

Thanks,

Saravanan

"Michelle" wrote:

I have text with tracked changes that I want to copy to a new document, or to
another section of the current document.

How can I ensure that the changes still show up?

Word 2003 for PC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The tracked changes are still there in the copied material. BUT be
sure to turn OFF track changes in the document you're copying it into,
or the whole text will appear as an Insertion and the changes within
it will be overridden. (After you've pasted, you can turn track
changes on again and the file won't know the difference. Though if
different user names are involved, the colors will differ.)

On Oct 3, 11:05 am, Michelle
wrote:
I have text with tracked changes that I want to copy to a new document, or to
another section of the current document.

How can I ensure that the changes still show up?

Word 2003 for PC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Check out the page from the September MS Office Word Team's blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...d-changes.aspx

I think you are looking for behavior 3.

HTH,
PamC