Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Root

Default Can I restrict or prohibit direct formating?

I have created styles that I *SHOULD* use in specific documents.
Unfortunately, too often I'm careless and direct format a change.

Does Word offer a way to restrict or prohibit direct formatting? (I'm using
Word 2002 with SP3.)

Thank you for any suggestions that you can offer.

Very respectfully,
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In Word 2003, you can limit formatting to a specific set of styles,
but in previous versions this is not possible, unfortunately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Larry Root" wrote in message
I have created styles that I *SHOULD* use in specific documents.
Unfortunately, too often I'm careless and direct format a change.

Does Word offer a way to restrict or prohibit direct formatting?

(I'm using
Word 2002 with SP3.)

Thank you for any suggestions that you can offer.

Very respectfully,
Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Root

Thanks Stefan; I guess I need to upgrade.

Very respectfully,
Larry

"Larry Root" wrote in message
I have created styles that I *SHOULD* use in specific documents.
Unfortunately, too often I'm careless and direct format a change.

Does Word offer a way to restrict or prohibit direct formatting?

(I'm using
Word 2002 with SP3.)

Thank you for any suggestions that you can offer.

Very respectfully,
Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You are welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news