Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Default I am using Vista and want to change my word to 2000

I am using Visat on my new computer but my school requires that I use
microsoft word 2000. I downloaded 2000 but when I try to open a document it
goes right to the newer version. How do I set my Microsoft wod 2000 as the
default??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Where did you download Word 2000 from?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"mike" wrote in message
I am using Visat on my new computer but my school requires that I use
microsoft word 2000. I downloaded 2000 but when I try to open a document
it
goes right to the newer version. How do I set my Microsoft wod 2000 as
the
default??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Vists isn't a word processor, its an operating system and it will work with
any version of Word including 2000 (which seems a strange requirement from
an educational establishment)?

Which 'newer' version of Word does it 'go right to'. If you have more than
one version of Word then that version will take command of the file
associations for Word documents when it is opened. If Word 2000 doesn't do
this, run Word 2000 and repair it from the Help menu. See
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm with reference to running
two Word versions (2003 and 2007 featured. Word 2000 is Word 9.0)

Like JoAnn, I hear alarm bells when I see the words 'downloaded 2000' as
Word 2000 is not available for legal download (though I suppose some
educational establishments may have an arrangement to provide this). If you
use pirate software you have to take the risks of doing so, which include
software that may not work or which contains viruses.