Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default Transfering MSW 2007 macros from one system to another

Is it possible to transfer macros from one MSW 2007 system to another. Eg.,
my desktop to my notebook. Where are the macros stored?
Thanks for any help here
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

JERRY wrote:
Is it possible to transfer macros from one MSW 2007 system to
another. Eg., my desktop to my notebook. Where are the macros stored?
Thanks for any help here
Jerry

If you used the macro recorder, the macros were probably stored in the
Normal.dotm template. When you start a recording, you can specify where you
want to save it, but most people just mash the OK button without even
reading the dialog box, so Normal.dotm is the default.

To locate that template, open Windows Explorer (the file manager, not the
web browser) and enter this in the address box:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
(Again, it's possible to store templates in a different folder, but very few
people do. If you're one of them, look in the Word Options Advanced File
Locations dialog to see where the Templates folder is.)

Usually we discourage the practice of copying Normal.dotm from one computer
or user to another, because it stores a lot of personal customizations
besides macros. When you're the user of both computers, though, it's OK --
in fact, it'll help to synchronize the settings so you're comfortable on
both systems. (But it doesn't transfer customizations that are stored
elsewhere, such as the registry, the Building Blocks.dotx file, custom
themes, custom dictionary, etc.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Thanks Jay
That was very insightful and I appreciate your advice and direction.
Jerry

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
JERRY wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.