Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbara

Default Styles and Formatting

Under Styles and Formatting, formatting of selected text, the Select All
button is grayed out. My document is not protected. Any suggestions on how
to make the button active?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura J.

Barbara,

Under Tools Options Edit, make sure that "Keep Track of Formatting" is
checked.

I just had this problem a couple of weeks ago and that's how I fixed it.

Hopefully that will help.

Laura