Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oe

Default Styles

Can anyone help, please? We have just installed Word 2003 at my office and
something strange is happening which does not occur on Word 2003 at home.

When I start to use a style (correctly formatted), it's OK but if I want to
use the same style for an odd paragraph but with a slight alteration, the
alteration shows on the Styles menu bar, e.g. "Style name + indent", or
something similar. I can't find any way of stopping this but as it doesn't
happen at home, I am sure there must be a check box to uncheck somewhere!
Sorry if I haven't explained it very well!

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl

If you go to Tools, Options and click the Edit tab, you will see "Keep track
of formatting." Uncheck that box. That used to drive me crazy, too.