Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pb pb is offline

Default Can I create a database from labels that are already created?

Labels were typed up by a previous empolyee who did not use mail merge. I
would like to use that information to create a mail merge capability.
However, when I try to set up a database with the existing labels, the format
is off becuase it does not go in the correct order-- eg. first name, last
name, street. It takes the subsequent names and fills them in the address
info. There are hundreds of names on the list, so re-typing all the info
would be cumbersome. Thanks you all for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pb" wrote in message
Labels were typed up by a previous empolyee who did not use mail merge. I
would like to use that information to create a mail merge capability.
However, when I try to set up a database with the existing labels, the
format
is off becuase it does not go in the correct order-- eg. first name, last
name, street. It takes the subsequent names and fills them in the
address
info. There are hundreds of names on the list, so re-typing all the info
would be cumbersome. Thanks you all for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pb pb is offline

Doug,
I have Word 2003. So when I went to the replace section, and put in ^13(2),
it did no find anything. Does Word 2003 have a differenct code ofr the
paragraph marks. The double paragraph marks did show up when I converted the
table to text, but I got stuck at the "replace" step.
pb