Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Matthew S.[_2_] Matthew S.[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 data source file types

When saving a new data source, the only option is .mdb, which other users,
not on 2007, don't seem to be able to open. How can I force Word 2007 to
save it's data source as something other than .mdb?
thanks!
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I've not found a direct way to do it when initially creating a new data
source. What works... however, is to go ahead and create the .mdb file.
Then, open that file with Excel and save it in Excel 97-2003 format, which
others should be able to use (I confirmed here that the resulting file can
be used for a Word 2003 mail merge data source).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Matthew S." wrote in message
When saving a new data source, the only option is .mdb, which other users,
not on 2007, don't seem to be able to open. How can I force Word 2007 to
save it's data source as something other than .mdb?
thanks!
Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You do not have to use the mail merge facility to create the data source.

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.