Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tonyBurke tonyBurke is offline

Default Mailmerge - insert contents of Word doc.

I have a mailmerge in Word 2000 which draws its merge data from Excel. One of
the merge fields contians the name of a Word document . In the merge document
I want to display the contents of this document not its name.
I had this working using Word and Excel 2000 using {includetext
"r:\\11841.doc"}

I have now upgraded to Word & Excel 2003 and this no longer works, when I
run the mailmerge it prints "11841.doc" int the merge rather than the
contents of 11841.

Rgds, Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In the ToolsOptionsSave dialog, uncheck the box for "Converting links on
Save" - that may not be the exact description as I do not have a 2003
machine to refer to at the moment, but it is something along those lines.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP