Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave L Dave L is offline

Default Remove Data Merge

I have word 2003. I am using a template to merge data into my document.
After saving the document from the template and reopening the document on
another computer, it asks for a data source. This is a pain, especially
oping up 100 €“ 200 documents.
How can I remove SQL data source and save it to a normal document without
asking for a data source when saving the document off of the template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Not positive what you're requesting... but see if this works. Display the
Mail Merge toolbar and click the Main Document Setup tool (first tool from
the left). In the list, choose Normal Word Document, then click OK. Does
that do what you want?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Dave L" Dave wrote in message
I have word 2003. I am using a template to merge data into my document.
After saving the document from the template and reopening the document on
another computer, it asks for a data source. This is a pain, especially
oping up 100 €“ 200 documents.
How can I remove SQL data source and save it to a normal document without
asking for a data source when saving the document off of the template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds like you have not actually executed the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP