Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Murph Murph is offline

Default Directory and merge from Excel

I am using Excel 07 and Word 07.

I am trying to merge the data in .csv form into Word. I am doing this using
the mail merge feature and selecting 'directory'.

I match the fields and place them in the document and then use the rule of
'next record' in hopes that it will keep placing the records with the same
format as the first. When I click preview I only see the first record and
when I do a 'finish and merge' Word locks up. There are 1755 records.

I amd doing this on the first line of the page:
«Children»

«Next Record»

«Next Record»

«Next Record»

In return I only receive the first record

A., Kristopher & Cyndi
1022 Ae, , Indianapolis, IN, 46227 ### ### ####
Ceer

thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You do not need the Next Record field. Also a preview will not show the
result of executing the merge. Just execute the merge to a new document and
you should get what you want.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.