Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Default open and repair not working

I was sent a WORD doc. Opened it, edited, saved. Then could not re-open.
My edits were easy so I...
Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times. Then could not re-open.
Open and Repair does nothing.
Again, I Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times to a new filename. Then
could not re-open.

I opened my other Docs without issue, so I don't think it's the program.

Why is the file corrupt? How do I stop this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Try opening Word. File - Open - change the file type to recover text from
any file (or something like that), then select that file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"shank" wrote in message
I was sent a WORD doc. Opened it, edited, saved. Then could not re-open.
My edits were easy so I...
Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times. Then could not re-open.
Open and Repair does nothing.
Again, I Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times to a new filename. Then
could not re-open.

I opened my other Docs without issue, so I don't think it's the program.

Why is the file corrupt? How do I stop this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I seem to recall that this is an Anti Virus problem. Which AV are you using?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"shank" wrote in message
I was sent a WORD doc. Opened it, edited, saved. Then could not re-open.
My edits were easy so I...
Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times. Then could not re-open.
Open and Repair does nothing.
Again, I Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times to a new filename. Then
could not re-open.

I opened my other Docs without issue, so I don't think it's the program.

Why is the file corrupt? How do I stop this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Addendum: All I see is
Turn scanning for MS Office documents

And that was unchecked.

thanks

"shank" wrote in message
I was sent a WORD doc. Opened it, edited, saved. Then could not re-open.
My edits were easy so I...
Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times. Then could not re-open.
Open and Repair does nothing.
Again, I Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times to a new filename. Then
could not re-open.

I opened my other Docs without issue, so I don't think it's the program.

Why is the file corrupt? How do I stop this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You probably need to open NAV and under advanced preferences, disable the
Office plug-in option.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"shank" wrote in message
I was sent a WORD doc. Opened it, edited, saved. Then could not re-open.
My edits were easy so I...
Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times. Then could not re-open.
Open and Repair does nothing.
Again, I Opened it, edited, saved-as a few times to a new filename. Then
could not re-open.

I opened my other Docs without issue, so I don't think it's the program.

Why is the file corrupt? How do I stop this?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Found a solution...