Hagar69

Default How do i onlock documents in Word 2003 & Outlook.

I cannot type any e-mails from my address book or type into a new document in
Word.
I get the following message:
'This modification is not allowed because the document is locked'

Hagar69

Thank you Suzanne

Have you activated Word? Or is it a trial version that has expired?

Word 2003 is a 60 day trial version, commencing 1 October 2005. I have a
new computer with it preinstalled. I have activated several programmes, but
cant remember if Word was one of them, but I have been using Outlook before,
until yesterday 2/11/05. Since reading your reply, I have been into
Word/Activate Product but nothing happens, the Help screen just closes.

The Help/About Microsoft Office Word screen shows This product is licensed
to me & shows a Product ID number.

"Hagar69" wrote in message
I cannot type any e-mails from my address book or type into a new document

in
Word.
I get the following message:
'This modification is not allowed because the document is locked'

Those were actually two separate questions, as I wasn't aware that it was
necessary (or possible) to activate the trial version. Usually the reason
Word stops working is that it hasn't been activated (and the 50 free uses
have been used up) or that it is a trial version that has expired. Neither
seems to be true in your case.

Thank you Suzanne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you activated Word? Or is it a trial version that has expired?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.