mojohubbard

Default Mail merge field isn't displaying all the text in a field. Can I .

I'm trying to make bid sheets for a silent auction. I'm merging data from my
donation Excel Spreadsheet. One of the fields is a description of the auction
item. It's fairly long (also being merged into Publisher for the catalog) and
when I merge it into Word the Mail Merge Recipients List window shows all the
text, but when I merge it into the document, it cuts me off at 255
characters. Is there any way I can extend this? If I have to manually update
every bid sheet I'm kinda defeating the purpose. Thanks for any insight.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bW9qb2h1YmJhcmQ=?=,

I'm trying to make bid sheets for a silent auction. I'm merging data from my
donation Excel Spreadsheet. One of the fields is a description of the auction
item. It's fairly long (also being merged into Publisher for the catalog) and
when I merge it into Word the Mail Merge Recipients List window shows all the
text, but when I merge it into the document, it cuts me off at 255
characters. Is there any way I can extend this? If I have to manually update
every bid sheet I'm kinda defeating the purpose.

Which version of Word are we dealing with, here?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

mojohubbard

Word 2003

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bW9qb2h1YmJhcmQ=?=,

I'm trying to make bid sheets for a silent auction. I'm merging data from my
donation Excel Spreadsheet. One of the fields is a description of the auction
item. It's fairly long (also being merged into Publisher for the catalog) and
when I merge it into Word the Mail Merge Recipients List window shows all the
text, but when I merge it into the document, it cuts me off at 255
characters. Is there any way I can extend this? If I have to manually update
every bid sheet I'm kinda defeating the purpose.

Which version of Word are we dealing with, here?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bW9qb2h1YmJhcmQ=?=,

OK, then it's probably linking using the default, OLEDB connection. Let's see if
using a different connection method helps. Activate the Confirm Conversions on Open
setting in Tools/OPtions/General. Now select the data source file and you should get
a list of connection methods. Try DDE, for starters. Note that the worksheet with
the data should be the first sheet in the workbook in order for this to work.

Word 2003

I'm trying to make bid sheets for a silent auction. I'm merging data from my
donation Excel Spreadsheet. One of the fields is a description of the auction
item. It's fairly long (also being merged into Publisher for the catalog) and
when I merge it into Word the Mail Merge Recipients List window shows all the
text, but when I merge it into the document, it cuts me off at 255
characters. Is there any way I can extend this? If I have to manually update
every bid sheet I'm kinda defeating the purpose.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Mail Merge should allow you to use numbers and text within the sa. ozziebare Mailmerge 1 March 1st 05 07:33 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM
Can you use mail merge when the address field is inside a text box Fran Mailmerge 1 December 4th 04 04:28 PM