Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
atlas guy atlas guy is offline

Default Typing disappears from the right

Help! I must have typed a wrong key or combination. When typing something
before a word or phrase (eg history genealogy) the letter to the right of
where I want to type disappears. In this case I want to type 'Iowa' before
the words 'history genealogy'. The 'I' replaces the 'h' in 'history'. The 'o'
then replaces the 'i' and so on. How do I get it back to the correct method?

I am using Microsoft Word x for Mac service release 1 (ca 2001) with OS10.4
Thanks!