Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phippsy Phippsy is offline

Default Custom show styles

I am not entirely sure I understand how the Custom show options work in the
Styles Task Pane especially the section for Otehr Formatting.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

That dialog merely allows you to specify what is displayed by default in the
Styles & Formatting Task Pane - specifically, the items in the "Pick
formatting to apply" list. What might be confusing is that "Clear
Formatting" is listed there because it *isn't* a style. It along with
Headings 1-3, and "Normal" are the only items that appear automatically -
the others, even when checked, only display if actually used in the doc.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Phippsy" wrote in message
I am not entirely sure I understand how the Custom show options work in the
Styles Task Pane especially the section for Otehr Formatting.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phippsy Phippsy is offline

Thanks but you can select different categories and different styles to be
visible but these categories don't match up with the show list in the task
pane.

I understand what you say about the "Clear Formatting" which is not s style.

"Phippsy" wrote in message
I am not entirely sure I understand how the Custom show options work in the
Styles Task Pane especially the section for Otehr Formatting.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Then I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking. Can you give a
specific example?

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones