Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Moni Moni is offline

Default send document as an attachment gives me faxing option only

When i click on office button (top left hand corner) and go down to send I
only get the choice to fax document, i want to be able to send document as an
attachment option (I don't use the fax option) Could anyone help me?
windows 2007 non commercial use
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is no such thing as "Windows 2007". Other options in the "send
to" dialog are available if your default email application is Vista
Windows Mail, or Outlook Express, or Outlook that is the same version as
Word, or another MAPI-compliant email application. And you must
properly set up an email account in your default email application.

Moni wrote:

When i click on office button (top left hand corner) and go down to send I
only get the choice to fax document, i want to be able to send document as an
attachment option (I don't use the fax option) Could anyone help me?
windows 2007 non commercial use

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Actually it will work with Outlook 2003 or 2007 - Word 2003 will also work
with Outlook 2007, for the benefit of those thinking of upgrading, but
keeping Word 2003 around.

Moni wrote:

When i click on office button (top left hand corner) and go down to
send I only get the choice to fax document, i want to be able to
send document as an attachment option (I don't use the fax option)
Could anyone help me? windows 2007 non commercial use

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kdabra kdabra is offline

I have the same problem with not being able to use the "Send To" options to
email a document as an attachment using Word or Excel. I loaded Office 2007
Home and Student (doesn't include Outlook) on my new Vista system, and use
Windows Mail as my default email program. I was previously using a trial
version of Word & Excel, experiencing the same problem then. I can send an
email when using Power Point or One Note, but Word and Excel have both of the
Send Email options grayed out. I understand it will work with Outlook, but I
don't have Outlook and don't intend to buy Outlook since I just bought Home
and Student expecting it to work with Windows Mail!!!!