Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gus Porteners[_2_] Gus Porteners[_2_] is offline

Default About Disaster

Thank you for your response Graham
I tried to reply a number of times, but somehow the reply message could not
be sent. No idea why.
The back-up of the document in question had been corrupted too.
After experimenting with trial documents I have now found out when the
corruption occurs.
Only after creating an index (whether I used a 2 column concordance table
(separate document) or the individual marking method), saving and then
trying to reopen I got the message each time that the document could not be
opened because of problems with the content. No problems without the index.
Is Microsoft aware of this quirk?
Gus

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Missed from my earlier post, did you try the open and repair option from
the file open dialog?

Gus Porteners wrote:
I am running Vista Home Premium and using Word 2007.
After completion of a large document, printing it and when closing
asked if I wanted to save the document (I had saved it before
printing) I clicked Yes. Later, when opening the document again I got
the message that there was a serious error in it and no amount of
trying would restore it. Each time I start again it tells me the same
story. On looking at Help I am told to look in the disabled list via
Word-Options but this I fail to find.
I am at my wit's end as many weeks of work seem to have inaccessible.
Is there a way to rescue my work?
Please help.
Gus