Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beverly Beverly is offline

Default Image losing resolution

Hi,

I've created a graphic in my graphics program (Fireworks) and the resolution
looks great. When I open up my Word document (v2003) and insert the
picture, my image instantaneously looks blurry and pixelated - looks like
I'm losing about 20% quality and I don't understand why.

I'm setting up this Word document to then File / Send to / Mail Recipient as
an email and the image in the email also looks terrible.

Can someone tell me why I'm losing image quality using MS Word and how I
might be able to fix?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

In what format does Fireworks save the image? How are you getting it into
Word?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Beverly" wrote in message
Hi,

I've created a graphic in my graphics program (Fireworks) and the
resolution looks great. When I open up my Word document (v2003) and
insert the picture, my image instantaneously looks blurry and pixelated -
looks like I'm losing about 20% quality and I don't understand why.

I'm setting up this Word document to then File / Send to / Mail Recipient
as an email and the image in the email also looks terrible.

Can someone tell me why I'm losing image quality using MS Word and how I
might be able to fix?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yacbo Yacbo is offline

If Fireworks will save the image as a jpeg, that would be ideal. Rather
universal, a bitmap .bmp file should also work fine but will consume more
memory. Check the file extensions this software will support and experiment.
Short of that, Snagit will capture anything you can get on your monitor and
convert it to a jpeg or any number of other types of image files. Well worth
the money and I think there's a free version. Just google "snagit" and you
should find it. You could also experiment with plain ol copy and paste but
using the Edit"Paste Special" feature in Word.

Good luck.