Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amy Blankenship Amy Blankenship is offline

Default Speech recognition

All my Office XP applications keep trying to install Speech Recognition.
They never did this on my old laptop. How do I make it stop?

Thanks;

Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi AMy,

In Add/Remove programs in the Windows control panel bring up the Microsoft Office XP choice and set the features for 'Alternative
Input' to "Not Available" state and see if that helps.

=============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amy Blankenship Amy Blankenship is offline

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi AMy,

In Add/Remove programs in the Windows control panel bring up the Microsoft
Office XP choice and set the features for 'Alternative
Input' to "Not Available" state and see if that helps.

I have a Tablet. I suspect that's going to disable some other features I
use.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

So why did you say you had a laptop if you have a Tablet? Tablets are loaded
with alternative ways of enter text such as handwriting and Speech
Recognition. I suspect it is one of the Tablet's utilities that is asking
for Speech Recognition to be installed. Why don't you install it?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi AMy,

In Add/Remove programs in the Windows control panel bring up the
Microsoft Office XP choice and set the features for 'Alternative
Input' to "Not Available" state and see if that helps.

I have a Tablet. I suspect that's going to disable some other features I
use.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amy Blankenship Amy Blankenship is offline

I have a tablet (which is also a laptop). To install things means dragging
out the external CD drive. The message never comes up when I have the drive
out for other reasons.

-Amy