Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
theillknight

Default replaceable fields

accidentally posted this in the access database originally...

I have some standard literature I use for several clients. In the past,
rather than rewriting the text from scratch, I'll just use a find/replace
for the most
recent client and use the new client's name. Is there a better way to do
this?

For example, it might read something like:

We recommend CLIENT utilizes blahblahblah software to meet CLIENT's specific
business requirements. CLIENT's business manager blahblahblah...

This can go on for pages and sometimes it's possible that you miss one or
two with find/replace. There have been instances where we sent to Client A
some literature that still had Client B's name on it...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy

Try a fill-in form:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...osoft_word.htm
and then use this feature to "repeat" a field:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_word .htm
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com