Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
werdna werdna is offline

Default Word 'outlining' mode

First of all, how the heck do you get help from Microsoft? I tried asking
them a question via e-mail and then it asked me to pay 49 dollars to ask the
question. Is that not one of the most ridiculous things...ever? Vista and the
new office products are beyond hard to decipher. I wish I had bought a new
Mac, you can put that on your newest Seinfeld commercial.

Anyways, it looks like I am stuck with my Windows Vista and my Microsoft
Office 2007. Now I used to use Office 2003 on my Mac. And there was a feature
where you could enter 'Outlining' mode and record audio. It was amazing.

Now on this Windows Vista Office 2007 version of Word outlining mode appears
to have been stripped of this excellent feature. I am certain it has to be
there still. Does anyone know how to access it? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guruveer Guruveer is offline

Try login to below link. First 15 mintues is free session and will be charged
$14.99

per session only if problem is resolved. Microsoft office 2007 chat support.

http://www.omnitechsupport.com/mschat.html

Thank you.

"werdna" wrote:

First of all, how the heck do you get help from Microsoft? I tried asking
them a question via e-mail and then it asked me to pay 49 dollars to ask the
question. Is that not one of the most ridiculous things...ever? Vista and the
new office products are beyond hard to decipher. I wish I had bought a new
Mac, you can put that on your newest Seinfeld commercial.

Anyways, it looks like I am stuck with my Windows Vista and my Microsoft
Office 2007. Now I used to use Office 2003 on my Mac. And there was a feature
where you could enter 'Outlining' mode and record audio. It was amazing.

Now on this Windows Vista Office 2007 version of Word outlining mode appears
to have been stripped of this excellent feature. I am certain it has to be
there still. Does anyone know how to access it? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is the correct place to come for free help.

You can enter Outlining mode in Word 2007 by clicking on Outline in the View
tab, or by clicking on the Outline icon on the status bar (assuming View
Shortcuts is checked when you right-click the status bar).

As to recording audio in Outline mode, I'm guessing I'd have to be a Mac
person to fathom the utility of that (I type much faster and much more
clearly than I could ever hope to speak), in Word 2003 in Windows, there is
no outline-mode-specific audio feature that I am aware of. You could insert
voice notes if you added the Insert Voice or Insert Voice Comment button(s)
to a toolbar. Neither was present on the default Outlining toolbar, although
Insert Voice Comment is on the list of ready-to-add tools for the Reviewing
toolbar.

In Word 2007, it's the same deal. You can insert audio... in the Insert
ribbon tab, click Object - Create New tab - Wave Sound, etc... but you must
have already recorded the sound (same is true using Word 2003 in Vista, as
well, as far as I can tell).

I vaguely recall that this was somewhat easier the last time I tried it
(which would have been 5-10 years ago). But, I don't know if that is a
function of Vista or Word... I suspect that it's a function of Windows
itself, which seems to have become much less voice-friendly.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible