Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
karenlsinging karenlsinging is offline

Default How do I turn off the autocomplete function in Word 2007.

In Word 2003 it was Tools Autocorrect Options Autotext and uncheck the show
autocomplete suggestions box but that is not included in the Word 2007
autocorrect options and it is coming up like predictive texting all over what
I type and driving me mad!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As you have noticed, AutoComplete can no longer be turned off from the user
interface in Word 2007. Instead, do the following:

Press Alt+F11 to show the Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the
Immediate window. Type

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = False

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP