Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark2006 Mark2006 is offline

Default Above the ribbon, window disappears....

I am using Word 2007 with Vista Business (32 bit) on a Dell Latitude d630.
A couple of times a day, the upper part of the window, at around Ribbon
level, there is a change. Word becomes partially transparent and Vista peeks
through (visually). When that happens, the commands on top become inoperable
and the only way to do anything is through the keyboard. This does not
happen with any other program or any other component of Office 2007. There
is nothing to indicate that there is insufficient memory or the like. The
only solution, close Word through the keyboard or by right clicking and
choosing close at the bottom of the screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Deliberately crashing Word will create problems on its own. Can I suggest
that you start with http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.
and if you have to close Word use Alt+F4 or Close from the Windows Taskbar
both of which will shut down Word cleanly.
My guess would be a corrupt normal template or defective add-in.