Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
blackdog blackdog is offline

Default Program locks up

Has anyone run into the following problem and know a solution? My computer
crashed during an electrical storm but then recovered with everything as
before except for MS Word 2007. When I open it, it offers to recover the
files that were running when the computer crashed. If I choose one of them,
the program locks up. If I open Word and try to edit a new program, Word
locks up when I use any editing command. I am trying to avoid reinstalling MS
Office but that seems to be my next option.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

If you live in an area prone to power outages, buy an uninterruptible power
supply to avoid such problems in future.