Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike MMVSS Mike MMVSS is offline

Default How do I close a document (file), but not 2007 Word itself?

When I have a single document open in Word (2007 version) and go to close it,
the entire Word program also closes. This does not happen in Excel. How can
I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mike,

You can use Ctrl+F4 to close just the document or add a close command to the Quick Access toolbar from either

Office Files Button, then right click on close,
or
right click on the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) and add and move the Close command to a position you choose on the QAT.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP