Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lozzaw Lozzaw is offline

Default Refresh button in Word 2007

Hi,

I have a colleague who creates documents with lots of links to other
documents listed in our Document Management System. In Word 2003 once he had
clicked on these links they would turn from blue to purple. He would then
save the file and click the Refresh button on the Web toolbar to refresh the
links so they reverted to blue.

I have looked everywhere and cannot find the the Refresh button to add to
the Quick Lanuch Bar.

Anybody know where it is or know another way of refreshing the document?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Lozzaw,

Technically most of the Web Toolbar commands are listed by Microsoft as 'removed from the product'.

If you have Office 2003 you can use a procedure listed later, below, or you can create a button for it in Word 2007.

The WebRefresh command (ActiveDocument.Reload) exists in Word 2007 to be used with a keyboard shortcut, but isn't in the Quick
Access Toolbar commands list. What it does is to reload the document without any changes that were made to it.

You can assign the keyboard shortcut from the Word Customization dialog
(Alt, F, I, C) from the All commands section.

If you want to then have it on the Word 2007 QAT you can right click the status bar to turn on the display of 'Macro Recording'.
Then in the status bar click on the Macro Recording choice, name it WebRefresh, and assign to a button, and add it to the QAT and
click 'Modify' to pick an icon for the tool. Use your keyboard for the new shortcut you created, then click the 'stop recording'
(blue square) on the status bar, Save, close and restart Word, open a document with links and test the QAT item.

If you still have access to Word 2003 you can create a toolbar there and use it in Word 2007 (You can transfer custom toolbars but
not Word built in ones).

In Word 2003 use View Toolbars to turn on the 'Web' toolbar in Word 2003.

Then in Word 2003 use Tools=Customize=Toolbars=New
and create a new toolbar, for example Wd2003-Web
then hold the ctrl key while dragging each of the Word 2003 Web Toolbar icons to your custom toolbar then save as a new Word
Document Template.

To have it always available put it in the Word 2007 startup folder or use
Alt, T, I. The buttons will be in the Add-Ins section of Word 2007.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement