Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thmpper thmpper is offline

Default Last page footer?

Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a document,
regardless of how many pages long that document is? If so, how would I
accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer from the first page as well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one on the
bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need a conditional field. The general syntax is:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Text to appear on the last page only" "Text to
appear on other pages (if any)" }

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a document,
regardless of how many pages long that document is? If so, how would I
accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer from the first page as

well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one on the
bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

In the footer (of all pages) put:

{ If { Page } = { Numpages } "This is my footer" }

where the braces are entered via Ctrl+F9. It will only appear on the last
page.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a document,
regardless of how many pages long that document is? If so, how would I
accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer from the first page as
well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one on the
bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thmpper thmpper is offline

I'm not familiar with fields, so I'm having a little trouble getting this to
work. Can you elaborate on your instructions?

Thanks again for your help. I can see where this will probably work if I
can figure out how to do it correctly.

Tracy

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a document,
regardless of how many pages long that document is? If so, how would I
accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer from the first page as
well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one on the
bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Press CTRL+F9
Type IF between the brackets
Press CTRL+F9
Type Page between the new set of brackets
To the right of that pair of brackets type space = space
Press CTRL+F9
Type Numpages between the brackets
To the right of that pair type your footer between quotes
Press F9 to update and if necessary ALT+F9 to toggle the display to show the
result on the last page only

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a
document, regardless of how many pages long that document is? If
so, how would I accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer
from the first page as well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one
on the bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SSDLUE SSDLUE is offline

Thank you so much! I have been trying to enter formulas by using the
keyboard braces. Didn't realize until now that they must be entered by using
CTRL F9. I can't believe I was stuck with something so simple. Thanks AGAIN!

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a document,
regardless of how many pages long that document is? If so, how would I
accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer from the first page as
well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one on the
bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thmpper thmpper is offline

You guys are the most fantastic people on the face of the planet!! You have
no idea how much you have helped me. Thank you so much!!

Tracy

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a
document, regardless of how many pages long that document is? If
so, how would I accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer
from the first page as well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one
on the bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Smitty Smitty is offline

I entered the info in the footer and obviously did it incorrectly. Now all
of my citations and my header are messed up. (I tried searching here and in
help to find the answer but I'm not sure that I'm looking for the right
thing.)

How do I delete the conditional field formatting and return the page
numbering back to the original state?

If I open a new document and try to add a header with a page number I get
this: { page \*mergeformat }

Thank you.
LH

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a document,
regardless of how many pages long that document is? If so, how would I
accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer from the first page as
well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one on the
bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You're seeing the field codes instead of the field results. Press Alt+F9 to
toggle between them.

"thmpper" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a footer only on the last page of a document,
regardless of how many pages long that document is? If so, how would I
accomplish this? I know that I can omit a footer from the first page as
well
as create a footer on only odd or even pages, but I just need one on the
bottom of the very last page.

Thanks!

--
Regards,