Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default converting word to a web page

When I save a word doc ib 2007 as a web page it looks great to me. I send
it to someone who is not using 2007 and some of the words are distorded? Can
thos be fixed?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Karen" wrote:

When I save a word doc ib 2007 as a web page it looks great to me. I send
it to someone who is not using 2007 and some of the words are distorded? Can
thos be fixed?

What format are you saving into exactly?
What do you mean by "distorted"?
What is this other person using to view your 2007 document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

I go to file, save as, different format, wep page. There are words on the
right hand of the screen that are very blurry to them. They are viewing it
in outlook.

I hope this answered everything. I was hoping to be able to use word to
send html emails to our customer.

Thanks

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"Karen" wrote:

When I save a word doc ib 2007 as a web page it looks great to me. I send
it to someone who is not using 2007 and some of the words are distorded? Can
thos be fixed?

What format are you saving into exactly?
What do you mean by "distorted"?
What is this other person using to view your 2007 document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The formatting required for a Word document and the formatting required for
html are different. You can see the difference by using the Web view in
Word, or you could simply use the Word based editor that comes with Outlook
2007 to create your messages. That said, you have no control over how users
view your messages. If you want to ensure that what they see is what you
meant, you need to send the formatted document as an attachment in PDF
format.

An alternative you could consider for a single page e-mail is to save the
document as a graphic - you'll need third party software such as SnagIt to
do that - and paste the graphic in the message. Do note that graphics can
easily become huge and your customers will not thank you for that - if in
fact they accept the message in the first place.