Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ldzieza ldzieza is offline

Default Word 2007: Customize Context Menu for Right Mouse Click

In 2003 I was able to customize the context menu when right clicking for Word
2003 and would like to do the same for Word 2007. In 2003, I did it like
this:

1. Right click the menu bar and select customize.
2. Using the Toolbars tab, display the Shortcut menus.
3. Select the Text dropdown and then the text menu.
4. Click the Commands tab in the Customize dialog box.
5. Select Edit in the Categories window.
6. Find and select Paste Special in the Commands window.
7. Drag and drop it on the text shortcut menu.
8. Select OK in the Customize dialog box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

You can no longer customize shortcut menus. The Quick Access Toolbar is
designed to be easily customized.

"ldzieza" wrote:

In 2003 I was able to customize the context menu when right clicking for Word
2003 and would like to do the same for Word 2007. In 2003, I did it like
this:

1. Right click the menu bar and select customize.
2. Using the Toolbars tab, display the Shortcut menus.
3. Select the Text dropdown and then the text menu.
4. Click the Commands tab in the Customize dialog box.
5. Select Edit in the Categories window.
6. Find and select Paste Special in the Commands window.
7. Drag and drop it on the text shortcut menu.
8. Select OK in the Customize dialog box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi ldzieza,

To add a bit to Aeneas' reply, The right click menus can be customized, but you need to use Word's VBA (macro/programming)
capabilities to do it rather than through the user interface as in prior versions.

Here's an example from a previous discussion
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b2bad22e2a3583

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP