Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ko ko is offline

Default lock/unlock

I started a document and when I returned it was locked. I tried the "help"
about view-outline and nothing happened. I must have put some protect or
something on the document but now I can't find the "off".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Which version of Word is this?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ko" wrote in message
I started a document and when I returned it was locked. I tried the "help"
about view-outline and nothing happened. I must have put some protect or
something on the document but now I can't find the "off".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ibjammin ibjammin is offline

Hey I'm having the same problem and I'm using Microsoft Word 2007. I
transferred a document from another computer but I can't edit anything in the
document because it says it is locked. Also, now whenever I open up Word I
can't type anything because even on a new page it says the selection is
locked. Please help!

"ko" wrote in message
I started a document and when I returned it was locked. I tried the "help"
about view-outline and nothing happened. I must have put some protect or
something on the document but now I can't find the "off".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Assuming that Word has been activated properly, and that it is not an
expired trial version, exit Word and then rename the normal.dotm file (you
can search for it in Windows; be sure to search hidden files and folders).
Then restart Word, which will recreate the template with factory defaults.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP