Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K Kim K is offline

Default Macro security adn Digital Cert question

I have purchased a code signing certificate from Thawte. I have digitally
signed my forms that contain macros - forms are for distribution. When I set
my macro security setting in word 07 to disabled except digitally signed
macros, I still can not open my form with the macro even tho the forms has
the thawte cert. What is going on?
--
Thanks,,
Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Do you encounter an error message when you try to open a form containing
macros? If so, what is it?

Also, where is the form located? Is it in your User Templates folder?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Kim K" wrote in message
I have purchased a code signing certificate from Thawte. I have digitally
signed my forms that contain macros - forms are for distribution. When I
set
my macro security setting in word 07 to disabled except digitally signed
macros, I still can not open my form with the macro even tho the forms has
the thawte cert. What is going on?
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K Kim K is offline

yes I get the error message "The macros in this project are disabled. Please
refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to
determine how to enable macros."

The forms will be for distribution and not on any one server - they will be
availlalbe via email and via download via web.
--
Thanks,,
Kim

"Kim K" wrote in message
I have purchased a code signing certificate from Thawte. I have digitally
signed my forms that contain macros - forms are for distribution. When I
set
my macro security setting in word 07 to disabled except digitally signed
macros, I still can not open my form with the macro even tho the forms has
the thawte cert. What is going on?
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Hmmmm....how/where did you attach your digital signature? Was it in the
Visual Basic Editor using Tools/Digital Signature? If not that's where you
need to sign macros. The other method, Office Button/Prepare/Add Digital
Signature is for authenticating documents and not code.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kim K" wrote in message
I have purchased a code signing certificate from Thawte. I have
digitally
signed my forms that contain macros - forms are for distribution. When
set
my macro security setting in word 07 to disabled except digitally
signed
macros, I still can not open my form with the macro even tho the forms
has
the thawte cert. What is going on?
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Could you email me a sample document that exhibits the behavior? Remove
NoSpam4Me to obtain a valid email address:

"Kim K" wrote in message
I have purchased a code signing certificate from Thawte. I have
digitally
signed my forms that contain macros - forms are for distribution.
When
set
my macro security setting in word 07 to disabled except digitally
signed
macros, I still can not open my form with the macro even tho the
forms
has
the thawte cert. What is going on?
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Form Security & Digital Signatures JulieKathe Microsoft Word Help 9 May 11th 11 10:37 AM
password protect a digital signature or macro wendyatnetdata Microsoft Word Help 0 July 12th 06 08:49 PM
Macro Security Dan Mailmerge 5 January 5th 06 10:37 AM
Word security question Jason Microsoft Word Help 0 December 9th 05 12:23 AM
Macro Security JD Microsoft Word Help 11 April 24th 05 03:02 PM