Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
news[_2_] news[_2_] is offline

Default Word double spacing help

I just installed the latest version of word...

When I have a new page it always double spaces everything. How do I
change it so it always single spaces

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

What you see as double spacing is the product of 1.15 li line spacing and 10
pt spacing after each paragraph formatted with the Normal style in the
default Quick Style set (Word 2007).

To return to single line spacing with no spacing after a paragraph formatted
with the Normal style and do the least violence to the new features built-in
to Word 2007, do the following:
On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Change Styles
Point to Style Set and click Word 2003
Once again on the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Change Styles
Click Set as default