Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tryin_to_Learn Tryin_to_Learn is offline

Default Formatting a TOC entry that doesn't also format the content

I'd like to insert a blank line before each Heading 1 in the TOC. I don't
want the blank line to appear before the Heading 1's in the document, only in
the TOC. How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Format the style used for the TOC to have 'space before' in the paragraph
format. 12 points should do it.

Tryin_to_Learn wrote:
I'd like to insert a blank line before each Heading 1 in the TOC. I
don't want the blank line to appear before the Heading 1's in the
document, only in the TOC. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The TOC is based on heading styles but doesn't use them; the styles used in
the TOC are TOC 1, TOC 2, etc., corresponding to the outline levels in your
document. If you add Space Before to one of your Level 1 TOC entries, the
style should update automatically; it will not affect the heading style.