Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sam sam is offline

Default Help with Word Security.

Hi All,

I have completed writing a user manual, thanks largely for the tips
this group has provided and particularly DeanH.
Now since I am about to release the manual I wanted to know how I can
eliminate my personal history or some other stuff of my company
details poping in the manual?
I have written the doc in Word 2003 but now I am using Word-2007.
Can someone guide me in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
SAM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Sam,

You may want to look at the Document Inspector for doing this using
Office Files Button=Prepare=Inspect Document
Try it on an extra copy first and be careful with the Headers,footers and Watermarks choice.

========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sam sam is offline

On Feb 19, 6:47 pm, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
[...]

Thanks bob for the information.
One issue i still have, I have changed the name of the company in
header and also accepted the track changes and then followed the step
u have mentioned. But the change in the header, though it doesn't
reflect anywhere, when i search for the name of the company, i can
still find it.
Do u have any idea why this is not removed?
When i found the name i selected it and deleted, accepted the track
change. This time when i searched it is not showing up.
My only concern is are there any other changes that were not deleted?

Thanks in advance.

SAM