Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bacaer bacaer is offline

Default non-breaking space for en dash

I am using Office Word 2007 with Vista, and was wondering what the shortcut
key is for a non-breaking en dash. I know that Ctrl+Shift+ - will give you a
non breaking hyphen, but I would like a non-breaking en dash?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

bacaer wrote:
I am using Office Word 2007 with Vista, and was wondering what the
shortcut key is for a non-breaking en dash. I know that Ctrl+Shift+
- will give you a non breaking hyphen, but I would like a
non-breaking en dash?

It would be nice to have, but Word doesn't offer any such character. In the
non-breaking category, it has the hyphen and the space, that's all.

You can see the whole list in Insert Symbol More Symbols Special
Characters.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although, as Jay says, there's no nonbreaking en dash character, you may
find that, in a given font, the minus sign (which is nonbreaking) will work
fine. It's at U2212 and differs from the en dash only in being a trifle
higher (same width and weight).

"bacaer" wrote in message
I am using Office Word 2007 with Vista, and was wondering what the shortcut
key is for a non-breaking en dash. I know that Ctrl+Shift+ - will give
you a
non breaking hyphen, but I would like a non-breaking en dash?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Thanks, I forgot that one.