Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Docx Converter in Word

We have converted a lot of documents to .docx by using the converter pack and
doing file Save As and choosing .docx

However some (not all) of the users are complaining that when they load
..docx documents by double clicking them in Windows Explorer Word asks them to
confirm the file format.

These users also do not have the new style of Word icon. Uninstalling and
re-installing the converter pack makes no difference.

I have checked the file association and they are the same, and I've also
tried comparing the HKEY_CURRENT_USER keys between users that prompt and
don't prompt on the same machine and apart from the binary vales they are the
same.

My question is does anyone know how to get rid of this prompt?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Take a look under Tools/Options/General and make sure "Confirm conversions
at Open" is not selected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

MVP FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Trevor" wrote in message
We have converted a lot of documents to .docx by using the converter pack
and
doing file Save As and choosing .docx

However some (not all) of the users are complaining that when they load
.docx documents by double clicking them in Windows Explorer Word asks them
confirm the file format.

These users also do not have the new style of Word icon. Uninstalling and
re-installing the converter pack makes no difference.

I have checked the file association and they are the same, and I've also
tried comparing the HKEY_CURRENT_USER keys between users that prompt and
don't prompt on the same machine and apart from the binary vales they are
the
same.

My question is does anyone know how to get rid of this prompt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trevor Trevor is offline

And somehow we miss the most simplistic of things, feel rather silly
comparing the registry now.

Thanks for your help.

"Trevor" wrote in message
We have converted a lot of documents to .docx by using the converter pack
and
doing file Save As and choosing .docx

However some (not all) of the users are complaining that when they load
.docx documents by double clicking them in Windows Explorer Word asks them
confirm the file format.

These users also do not have the new style of Word icon. Uninstalling and
re-installing the converter pack makes no difference.

I have checked the file association and they are the same, and I've also
tried comparing the HKEY_CURRENT_USER keys between users that prompt and
don't prompt on the same machine and apart from the binary vales they are
the
same.

My question is does anyone know how to get rid of this prompt?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Glad to hear you have the problem resolved. And you shouldn't feel silly --
the solution is always easy once you know the answer. ;-)

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs