Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Jen is offline

Default Formatted in Swedish??

Lately, as I've been editing documents, quite often I'll see a tracked change
pop up that says "Formatted Swedish (Sweden)". I can't figure out how I am
doing this as I certainly don't speak or type Swedish and have never
purposely switched to that language. Occasionally I also see French and
Spanish.

Does anyone know why this happens...am I inadvertently hitting a key
combination or something?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open a Word document in which this problem occurs. Press Ctrl+A
to select all of the text. Click on Tools | Language | Set
Language | choose your language | uncheck the "Detect language
automatically" and "Do not check spelling or grammar" boxes |
Default | OK.

Jen wrote:
Lately, as I've been editing documents, quite often I'll see a tracked change
pop up that says "Formatted Swedish (Sweden)". I can't figure out how I am
doing this as I certainly don't speak or type Swedish and have never
purposely switched to that language. Occasionally I also see French and
Spanish.

Does anyone know why this happens...am I inadvertently hitting a key
combination or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Jen is offline

Thanks...will I have to do this in every document, or is it a global setting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This change affects the current document and all new documents
you create from this point forward. You will have to make this
change individually in your existing documents, and in documents
you receive from other people.

Jen wrote:

Thanks...will I have to do this in every document, or is it a global setting?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Jen is offline

Thanks again!