Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Sample Text Shows Up as Arabic

I recently did some editing for a customer in Iran. The Word document he
sent me was in English, and the language was selected as English -- US.
However, when I open certain windows -- such as the Format - Font window --
the sample text shows up as Arabic or something similar. I have finished his
job and sent it back, but now every document shows the same goofy sample
text. Everything else works OK except sample text.

I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2) and Office 2003.

Thanks for your help.

Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

you might need to disable Arabic : go to MSoffice\Ms office tools\Ms offcie
2003 language settings and if Arabic is in enabled languages list remove it.

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

I recently did some editing for a customer in Iran. The Word document he
sent me was in English, and the language was selected as English -- US.
However, when I open certain windows -- such as the Format - Font window --
the sample text shows up as Arabic or something similar. I have finished his
job and sent it back, but now every document shows the same goofy sample
text. Everything else works OK except sample text.

I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2) and Office 2003.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home tonight.

How do I reach the MS Office Tools? I don't see it as a menu item or on the
toolbars in Word. Is it in one of my control panels? That must not be a
toolbar I have used before.

Thanks again.

Fred

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

I recently did some editing for a customer in Iran. The Word document he
sent me was in English, and the language was selected as English -- US.
However, when I open certain windows -- such as the Format - Font window --
the sample text shows up as Arabic or something similar. I have finished his
job and sent it back, but now every document shows the same goofy sample
text. Everything else works OK except sample text.

I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2) and Office 2003.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

it's not a toolbar in word. Go to start\all programms\ MS office\Ms office
tools\Ms office 2003 languiage settings

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

I recently did some editing for a customer in Iran. The Word document he
sent me was in English, and the language was selected as English -- US.
However, when I open certain windows -- such as the Format - Font window --
the sample text shows up as Arabic or something similar. I have finished his
job and sent it back, but now every document shows the same goofy sample
text. Everything else works OK except sample text.

I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2) and Office 2003.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarieJ MarieJ is offline

Hi,

I'm having this same problem. Do you know the path to the MS Office 2003
language settings executable? The MS Office option has been removed from the
program menu.

TIA

MarieJ

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

I recently did some editing for a customer in Iran. The Word document he
sent me was in English, and the language was selected as English -- US.
However, when I open certain windows -- such as the Format - Font window --
the sample text shows up as Arabic or something similar. I have finished his
job and sent it back, but now every document shows the same goofy sample
text. Everything else works OK except sample text.

I'm running Windows XP Professional (SP2) and Office 2003.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Marie,

If the Start=Program=Microsoft Office=Microsoft Office tools choice isn't there the Office 2003 language settings tool program
option may also not be installed. You can try using Start=Search to locate
SetLang.exe

There's also an implementation of the Desktop Language Settings tool available for download at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...773571033.aspx
that can be useful.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)